February 11, 2015

Old Glory

Vets speak at BOE meeting about improperly placed flag

Watch here...
DUANESBURG, N.Y. (NEWS10) – After the American flag was seen tossed in a bin on the floor of a local elementary school, some area veterans were outraged.

Veterans gathered at the Duanesburg Board of Education meeting on Tuesday to ask district leaders to take action after a picture shared online showed an American flag carelessly tossed in a bin.


“I was appalled,” veteran April Kellerman said. “I was astonished. I didn’t know what to say. I was speechless.”
Veterans were shocked last Friday when Whitney Kantrowitz was in the Duanesburg Elementary School and took a picture of the flag.

“Doing a movie night, and I happened to be putting away supplies when I saw it sitting there in the hallway,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation.