Early morning fire destroys Schodack home
Published: 12/26 6:00 pm
Updated: 12/26 11:36 pm
It was not a very Merry Christmas for some in the Capital Region as an early morning fire in Schodack put a big damper on the holiday weekend. It happened about 6 a.m. Sunday on 3213 Route 150.
“We had four dogs that didn't make it and just the house totally burned down,” Fred Baye, home owner, said.
It was a holiday nightmare for Baye, as fire took over his Schodack home on Sunday morning not leaving much behind.
“I’ve lived here since 1972 and it's where my kids were raised but, now it’s all kind of gone,” Bayne said.
“This is the house that I grew up in. It’s crazy because you always see these stories, these Christmas fires, and it happened to us,” Jeremy Bayne, Fred Bayne’s son, said.
No one was home when the fire started.