June 16, 2012

For Immediate Release



To support Lisa Harrington click here to donate.. She's just $640 dollars away from her goal ~ click here to donate
I made a donation the Susan G. Komen 3-Day™, a 60-mile walk for women and men who want to make a personal difference in the fight to end breast cancer. How will you make a difference?

LISA HARRINGTON FIGHTS TO END BREAST CANCER WITH EVERY STEP 
Her commitment is to Walk 60 Miles in Three Days to Help End Breast Cancer






For Immediate Release
EAST GREENBUSH – June 16, 2012 – Mothers. Uncles. Friends. Daughters. The list of those affected by breast cancer goes on and on.

"For some of you, this may be the way you find out that I am now a Cancer Survivor. I turned 50 last year, and after loosing someone very dear to me to cancer, I decided to get a physical and take better care of myself. Just before my appointment, I found a lump in my breast. I didn't think much of it.
Well, a double mastectomy later, I'm thinking A  LOT more seriously about it! This  is why I  will be lacing up my shoes to show my support in the fight to end breast cancer."

Lisa Harrington has embarked on a physical and emotional journey in preparing for the 2012 Susan G. Komen  Boston 3-Day. Like other 3-Day® participants,  Lisa understands that breast cancer knows no boundaries, so committing to raising $2,300 and walking 60 miles in three days is an important step in ridding the world of the disease.

"I'm walking to bring awareness. I hope to encourage others to get your mamo's regularly, follow up on any suspicious lumps you may find.

That lump I felt, my Doctor felt it too and did a needle biopsy right away. Those results came back negative. By the grace of God my Doctor was not sure of those results and ordered a deeper biopsy along with a biopsy of another lump she'd found in my other breast. During the ultra sound procedure for those biopsys another suspicious area was found and that was also biopsyed. An area in both breasts came back positive.

Lumpectomys were scheduled and upon a standard pre surgery MRI more areas were found. Biopsies were done and more cancer was found."

The Susan G. Komen Boston 3-Day starts on Friday morning, July 27  and ends with the Closing Ceremony on Sunday afternoon, July 29. Walkers cover about 20 miles a day with hundreds of volunteer crew members supporting the walkers through the three-day journey.

About 425,000 women around the world died of breast cancer in 2010. To help Lisa reach  her goal of a world without breast cancer, make a donation to  help her reach her goal - She's just $640 away!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation.