July 25, 2015

Tom Moore, who drew cartoon character Archie dies

Tom Moore, who drew cartoon character Archie and his friends over three decades, dies at age 86 after short battle with throat cancer

Read more...





'Tom was very funny and had a knack for putting together really great, hilarious gags and special pages when he worked at Archie,' Gorelick said. 'He was probably best known here for inking our "Jughead" relaunch decades ago. We're all sad to hear this news and wish his family the very best during this time.'

The El Paso Museum of Art displayed some of Moore's work and his vast comic collection about 20 years ago.
'I have enjoyed what I've done and I am pleased that others liked it, too,' Moore said at the time. 'I think it's such a kick that my stuff is going to be hanging at the museum. Who knew Archie would have such universal appeal?'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation.